Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Christmas squared

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Haha - yes, I know I am QUITE behind the ball here. I usually don't do resolutions but I think I will make it a goal to blog a bit more frequently :).
It feels like the Christmas season started Thanksgiving weekend and didn't stop until yesterday. Between the decorating of the house, holiday parties, school events, church events, making (and some shopping) for gifts, baking, Dec 25th Christmas, New Year's and then Russian Christmas, it's been literally non-stop. But even though it seemed to race by, we had a wonderful holiday...made extra special this year with the inclusion of little Lucas. The joy on his face seeing the lighted tree, opening his Ernie doll on Christmas morning, staying up late (9:30!) on NYE and playing with his cousins this past weekend was priceless. Alexander had a blast as well - being the 'big' boy and helping decorate with the 'nice' ornaments, staying up late (11:30!) on NYE, several playdates during the break, and mostly living for his next frosted sugar cookie.

We celebrated on Dec 25th and then with my (Laura's) family for Russian Christmas (Jan 6/7). I grew up Russian Orthodox and even though I don't practice the faith anymore, many of my family members do and it's just ingrained as part of my life and, of course, our boys lives. It's great to be able to pass on a tradition that is very meaningful for them and as they get older to have a springboard for deeper conversations.
I'll post more on the boys soon (I swear)!

Laura
Christmas morning...Ernie..I love you...
Alexander and friend Mia as Spider..er...people...

Russian Christmas dinner

A portion of the family...

3 comments:

Kalilama said...

I'm with Alexander...living for frosted sugar cookies.

Jeanette said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday season! Glad your back :) Love the santa hat pics! If you have any good Russian recipes for your family, I would love a couple. I've looked for stuff online, but would like a referral to go with it :)

Jeanette said...

I spelled "you're" wrong! I hate when I find typos after I click publish!

BubbleShare: Share photos - Easy Photo Sharing