Monday, January 26, 2009

The weirdest dream!

I'll start by saying that I RARELY remember my dreams and when I do it's little snippets of the dream and never the whole thing. Well, last night was quite different. I woke up this morning pretty sure that we were in Russia on Trip 1...it took a while for it to sink in that we were at home. I dreamt of meeting our 2nd child for the first time. The baby home was in a very busy area of Moscow and I can still now, 3 hours later, remember the layout of the interior of the baby home. We were brought to the back to an open room with some cribs and toys and this pudgy blond haired baby was brought to us. At that point I realized that Alexander was with us (which won't be happening in real life) and unfortunately he wanted no part of me holding the baby (THAT part will probably be true!). So Paul had to take Alexander to another room while I played with the baby. Then in the dream it was time for the baby to nap and for us to meet with the baby home staff to get the child's medical info. This is where it got weird(er)...they verbally said a few scary things but then refused to give us any medical information and were closing for the next few days. We would have to wait to the beginning of the following week to meet with the director to get any info. What?!? OK - pretty sure that scenario would not happen for real either. I guess this was the typical going-to-the-last-class-for-final-exam-and-haven't-studied-at-all-dream and I was quite relieved when I really woke up to know that reality will be different. But the baby sure was cute :)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura-
I happened onto your blog via another LH family's blog(To Russia - With Love). We are a LH family and heading to MC. I wonder if we will be there around the same time, as L is saying 1-3 months for us as well.
Kara

BubbleShare: Share photos - Easy Photo Sharing