Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Oh so incredibly lucky

International adoption can be so utterly unpredictable...we might as well be rolling dice or flipping coins on any given day to see how things are going to go. Well somehow we just got lucky. Last week the Russian government issued a list of close to 200 adoption agencies from which they will no longer accept home studies. For those that don't know, you need a home study (series of visits and a report) by a licensed social worker/agency in your state as part of your dossier. Those agencies on the list have apparently been banned due to not having all the required post placement reports (PPRs) submitted to Russia (requirement for ALL Russian adoptions). So everyone who is waiting for a referral, waiting to travel or waiting for court using one of the listed agencies has to have their home study redone or at least updated before they can move forward. So incredibly stressful, painful and costly and I truly feel for everyone this impacts. Considering our luck in the past year I was bracing myself that we would be caught up in this as well but thankfully our HS agency was not on the list. Who knows what the next thing will be and I'm just hoping that we can finish this adoption soon. My thoughts are with all of you that are affected.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So happy for you!
I am so glad your agency was spared!

BubbleShare: Share photos - Easy Photo Sharing