Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Keeping track

I realized the other day when I was struggling to remember and relay to someone everything that Lucas now does that I need to keep better track of his milestones (and setbacks). So this is a current update of what's he learned in the past couple weeks.


1) When we put out the changing mat and diaper he *usually* comes over and sits on it and waits for us to say "Yay!"

2) When I say it's time to eat he waddles over and makes the sign for eating and says 'um-um'

3) When I say let's go 'upstairs' or ' downstairs' he boogeys over to the gate.

4) He crawls up the stairs (kinda did this from 2nd week home) but now also 'scoots' down the stairs on his bum (with assistance of course). He's watched Alexander fly down the stairs on his butt!

5) He now says (or closely approximates) ' vroom-vroom' when playing with cars and moves the cars back and forth and "quack-quack". He still calls all new animals 'arff'arff"

6) His two upper canines have come in which has led (I think) to some cranky times lately and I swear his bottom molars are close behind.

7) When I say time to put on shoes he'll go into our foyer and try to sit on the little wooden chair - it's so cute!

8) He has become quite fussy with certain foods and will actively push it away...hmm wonder if related to teething...

9) He's on again/off again with going to sleep at night...some nights asleep on the bottle, others screaming for a while in the rocking chair. But I think last night was a revelation...he was crying for quite a while after the bottle when Paul asked if we should do another...he fell asleep after the second one. Hmm maybe we'll have an extra ready just in case :). And then he slept until after 7a today.

10) When I say I need to go use the bathroom when we're home alone, he'll run on in before I close the door to be in there with me. He's a little fascinated with the whole toilet process.

11) He signs for 'help' now and tries to say 'help' but comes out more like 'uf'. He tends to confuse help and more but usually gets it right.

I'm amazed at how much he is understanding and doing just 5+ weeks home. Keep going baby!

1 comment:

Amy said...

They are such amazing sponges at this age, aren't they? WAY to go little man!!

BubbleShare: Share photos - Easy Photo Sharing