We made it home yesterday around 3p EST after a LOOONG day of travel...19 hours or so. Although it is much easier coming West, that is still a long day - especially when you're not doing anything but sitting in planes or hanging out in an airport. I was so excited to see Alexander at Logan - boy did I miss that little guy! He was initially very interested in hearing about his little brother-to-be and seeing pictures but that kind of got old pretty quick hah. We got home, grandma left (she was a wee bit tired from the week :o), we ordered a pizza for dinner that I really don't remember eating, and then *barely* stayed awake long enough to put Alexander to bed. We both crashed around 8p and then thankfully, aside from a couple quick wake-ups in the night, slept until 6a. Alexander crawled into bed with us sometime around midnight (hey that's a song). Anyway after a busy day of church and an Easter Egg hunt, it's now about 8p Sunday and I'm wiped! I'm aiming to stay up until at least 9p tonight - need to get over this jet lag quick!
We did manage some time today to watch some of the videotape we took of Lucas over the past week. So darn cute. Now that we are home I am really missing the little guy. By Friday I was wanting to get home to Alexander badly but now that we've left Russia I want to get back to Lucas asap...uggh torment. But I am sure (hope) the time will go by quickly with all that we need to do to get ready, house-wise and mentally (though not sure we will ever be mentally ready LOL).
OK, I am quickly running out of energy here...off to do something mindless for an hour until bed before I start babbling publicly.
Laura
3 comments:
i am glad u got home!!! 19 hrs is beyond comprehension! ty so much for letting us all know u r back!!
BIG KISSES TO ALL !!!
Glad to hear you are home safe and sound! I hope you go back for court and pick up super quick.....get your house ready for a new baby!!!!
Can't wait to follow the rest of your journey!
Hugs,
Angie
So glad to hear the news & see the photos from you in person yesterday. What a challenge to have our heart split between here & across the globe. Hopefully not for long!
-Sarah
Post a Comment