Until we leave for our court trip!! I really can't believe it's almost here. Luckily this trip is pretty short so there's not THAT much to do (e.g., don't have to bring baby clothes, set up playdates on this end for Alexander, etc) but I am starting to get a bit nervous about court. Our court experience for Alexander was extremely stressful and I was the one doing most of the talking. Apparently in Moscow City, the papa gets asked most of the questions and let's just say that I'm the one in our marriage assigned with the details :). So Paul's been doing some studying and occassionally jokes that he will just "wing it". This tends to make me break out into a cold sweat but I should be comforted since Paul seems to have an uncanny ability to be successful when he wings it. He is taking this seriously but still....issue is no control for me LOL.
Also, the one other small thing I am nervous about is that we received our passports back with our visas on Thursday (yay) but there was an error with mine (ugh). They only gave me a single-entry visa when I had requested double-entry (since I'll be going back for pick-up with Kali). We quickly determined it was their error and they had me send back my passport asap and the plan is for them to expedite the correction on Tuesday (Monday is a Russian holiday) and get it back to me for Wednesday. A couple days room in there for any issues as we leave on Saturday but I hate having my passport traveling in envelopes back and forth across the country! Ok...time for some chocolate to calm down...
One last note - if you can send more good thoughts and wishes, please send them towards our friends K and M who, after 3 years of waiting, received their daughter's referral from China in March and have been awaiting their travel invitation for a couple months now. Things are being held up most recently by concerns over Swine flu :(
3 comments:
I know that VISA stress!! It's weird not having your passport when you are about to travel!
Ticking the time away for you!!
i will keep k and m in light and prayers!! boy just when one thinks it's a hard road u r on, 3YRS!! god bless 'em!!! doors opening and ways made smooth!!!! :D for them and you both and everyone else in this process of life and adoption.
i would be pulling all my hair out -- and quickly reglueing!!!! LOL over stress and issues of no -control!!! god bless you
love yaya aka mom
Best of luck on your court trip. If Moscow City is anything like Moscow Region, you will be fine...court was so different from court in Ekat!
What is intl adoption without stress :)
Post a Comment