Thursday, May 14, 2009

I hate stress...

OK less than 48 hours to go and still no passport and visa. They tell me it will be here tomorrow but I still haven't seen that magical email from Fedex saying the package has been picked up and on it's way. I did just call the visa folks and they said it takes a while for it to get in the system but it should have been picked up by now... I don't think I'll get a lot of packing done tonight checking my email every 2 minutes! Oy

Also, I went to pick our order of new bills at the bank today and they had messed up! They had said the order was ready when I called but no one could find it and then thay had to scramble to find bills that were relatively new (no tears, marks, creases, etc). And only one teller window was open, they were having problems with the computers, etc. Finally an hour later and I had the $$$. Oy

Then I had a crazy day at work trying to tie up loose ends as I'll miss my monthly board meeting next week, responding to an urgent request for information for hospital accreditation, and a couple meetings. Oy

I think I'm actually looking forward to court at this point :) I'll be happy when all this running around is OVER and Lucas is home for good.

OK, off to check email again.

4 comments:

Amy said...

You poor thing!! Deep breaths AND a glass of wine???

My VISAs were still in NY two days before I left and they got a MASSIVE SNOW STORM. I freaked out -- but it still worked out.

Jeanette said...

Nothing's ever easy, is it?!? Good luck! You're almost there :)

Chandra said...

I hated the stress of waiting for the visas! I do not like to be without my passport just days before traveling, very nerve wracking.

I hope you've gotten confirmation by now from FedEx. And you're right, this will soon be over and you can just focus on enjoying your new son!

kara said...

Just checked in and hoping you have everything by now. Looking forward to meeting you and Paul in Moscow!

BubbleShare: Share photos - Easy Photo Sharing