Friday, May 22, 2009

THREE years and a beautiful surprise

We arrived safely back home on Tuesday night after a looong day of travel. We went from Moscow to Boston through Frankfurt, Germany which is usually fine but the 4 hour layover there caused to spend about 20 hours traveling. But luckily since we arrived home around 9p we were able to go to sleep and wake up the next day without too much jet lag. Now we just need to get everything done before Kali and I leave a week from tomorrow to bring the Little Mouse home! Woohoo!

So other than the ADOPTION, we are enjoying the arrival of summer to Boston and our last days as a family of 3. It's been about 90 degrees yesterday and today and Alexander and I have been hard at work in the garden planting more veggie seeds and plants and weeding, weeding, weeding. We also played some baseball and frisbee and had lunch with Paul today at his workplace. This Sunday we are heading into Boston on the commuter train to celebrate Alexander's family day...technically this falls on May 31st, however I'll be arriving in Moscow that day and will be really sad to miss it. May 31st marks 3 YEARS that our shining star has been a part of our family and I'm amazed at what a beautiful, smart, funny and compassionate child he is. So we are celebrating a week early by heading into the Children's Museum and lunch in town.



Where does the beautiful surprise come in? Well a few of you may know that about 9 years ago I purchased a very small wisteria plant that I have been nursing along and that is growing along our front porch. The plant has grown bigger and bigger every year and about 3 years ago the trunk busted apart the supports I had used to help train it to grow up the porch. The leaves provide a beautiful shade for our porch in the summer however it has never flowered...until now! We came out onto our porch on Wednesday morning after our trip home from becoming Lucas' parents, to find two beautiful white wisteria blossoms. This is another example of what an amazing year this is turning out to be...


Laura

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

Glad to see you are home safely. Alexander is such a cutie! Congrats on 3 years!

Anonymous said...

somehow i missed the wisteria pic -- and how wonderful to have all the flowering in every area of your lives BLOOM !!

Kristen, Mark, Miranda, and Phoebe said...

I love the wisteria picture! I bought a blooming orchid the day I found out I was pregnant, and then it bloomed the second time the week before I gave birth. How do these flowers know??

BubbleShare: Share photos - Easy Photo Sharing