Sunday, June 21, 2009

Rain, rain go away!

Well it's been raining or cloudy for most of June since we came home. I can count maybe 3 decent days where we've been able to be out with the sun shining. And it's supposed to rain until at least Thursday or Friday of this week. Arrgghh. Can you say stir crazy?? Luckily everything is still "new" to Lucas so he's not bored out of his mind...but I need sunshine.

Overall though we had a good weekend. We took Lucas on his first outing to the local library on Friday and he did fine. Saturday we ventured out to the Beverly Arts Fest for a little bit with him in the carrier and again, great. I made sure to play lots of silly games and make funny faces (which he sure doesn't pass up!) to keep him from getting bored and overwhelmed. Alexander was enthralled with a performing dance troup so we we're hanging out for a bit. And today Alexander and Paul were in church and at a potluck for most of the morning and early afternoon so I got some quiet time with Lucas and then able to read part of a book while he napped - it was heaven!!

Paul goes back to work this week and Alexander will be in school so this is the last schedule adjustment for a while. We've already developed a pretty good routine so hopefully that will help through this next change. I'll let you know how it goes :)

Here's a few more pics and I'm working on getting a video up soon (for you Aunt Kelly!).

Laura

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

Great pictures! I love the one in the Amazon box :) Best package ever!!!

Horrible weather in the Phila. area too! Maybe we won't complain when it's 90 degrees out because we will appreciate some sun :)

Anonymous said...

the photos are so funny!!!! i love u

Roger and Joanne said...

He looks so happy in those adorable pictures!

Glad to hear no medical concerns. The best news, right?!

Thanks again for all the apartment info. As it gets closer I may email you again.

BubbleShare: Share photos - Easy Photo Sharing